The Education Committee works to ensure all students have access to an equal and high-quality public education by promoting school resource equity, increasing teacher quality, promoting parent engagement, and enhancing early childhood literacy initiatives.
The Education Committee Shall:
- Seek to eliminate segregation and other discriminatory practices in public education;
- Study local educational conditions affecting minority groups;
- Investigate the public school system and school zoning;
- Familiarize itself with textbook materials there from which is racially derogatory;
- Seek to stimulate school attendance;
- Keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found;
- Investigate the effects of standardized and high stakes testing practices and teacher certification;
- Promote parental involvement in education.